Percent of Impressions

A LOOK AT HOW ALL VIDEO IMPRESSIONS SERVED BY EXTREME REACH BREAK DOWN BY AD LENGTH, MEDIA TYPE AND DEVICE

Percent of Impressions by Media Type

For the last 5 consecutive quarters, premium media sites have made up the majority of impressions served, ranging from a high of 78% in Q1 2017 to a low of 66% in Q4 2017. In Q1 2018 that number settled at 71%, with aggregators making up the remainder 29%.

Percent of Impressions by Ad Length

After generating considerable buzz in the advertising industry in the second half of 2017, 6-second ads picked up steam in Q1 2018. We saw the number of vendors running 6-second ads increase more than 300% in Q1 2018 vs Q1 2017. Currently 2.8% of all video ads, up from .04% in Q1 2017.

Note: small data sample sources for other ad lengths have been excluded, hence the rows in this chart do not total 100.

Percent of Impressions by Device

Mobile is solidifying its position at the head of the media-consumption pack with 33% of all video ad impressions. Connected TV (CTV, e.g., Roku, Apple TV, Playstation and Amazon) has surged in its share of impressions, moving from 15% in Q4 2017 to 31% in Q1 2018. Desktop, on the other hand, experienced its fourth quarter of decline and now accounts for 24% of total video impressions.

*Unclassified captures impressions from user agents who are known to be valid, as per industry sources, but whose platform or device we are unable to identify. Previously filtered out of net impressions, they are now counted as valid impressions in this new category.